1. Traditional trick-or-treating - Probably the least safe option out there, even with masks it's hard to social distance on side walks & in crowds. Some states & cities are already ruling the option out completely this year.
2. Leaving a bowl of candy outside for kids to pick out of - While that may be safe for the homeowner it's not so safe for the kids that are sticking their hand in that same bowl.
3. Creating a chute or other socially distanced contraption - Pretty safe option, as long as there isn't a line up of kids.
4. Hiding candy around your house whether inside or outside - A fun & safe way to celebrate, similar to Easter plus you can still dress up!
5. Staying home with your own bag of candy - Probably the safest option, as long as you don't eat it all in one sitting! You can dress up in costumes, watch family friendly Halloween themed movies, & make it a whole event!
6. Having trick-or-treaters stand outside their houses & driving by parade style - Safe but you'd have to get your whole neighborhood on board!
Maybe you can start a new Halloween Tradition with your family! Have a Safe & Happy Halloween!