- Personal Information - Age, Gender, Marital Status - People under 25 usually pay a higher premium, women tend to pay a little less, & if you're married you tend to get a cheaper price as well
- Your Vehicle - The more expensive your car is to repair the higher the cost to insure it
- Your Location - More populated areas tend to have higher rates of theft, vandalism, & car crashes which means your rates will be higher
- Your Driving Record & Credit History - The more safely you drive the lower your premium, although if you do pay more because you have accidents/traffic violations those will usually decrease over time if you keep your record clean
- Your Coverage & Deductible - States determine the minimum coverage you need but it's generally advised to have more coverage so you don't end up paying out of pocket for an accident. The higher your deductible the lower your premium, but keep in mind you'll be paying that deductible if you are in an accident.
Searching for car insurance?? Agri-City works with a variety of carriers to give you a great price without losing out on the right coverage.
What are the factors that determine the cost of car insurance?
Our blog will feature posts not only from Agri-City Insurance staff, but also from Wayne State College Students on various topics related to safety, risk management, and loss prevention.