Fall Driving Safety Tips:
- Be aware of the weather, changing road conditions, & the potential for black ice. Drive slowly & leave plenty of space between yourself & other vehicles on the road. Piles of leaves can also cause issues, not only may they be hiding a pothole but when they are wet & soggy they become just as slippery as a patch of ice.
- Keep your headlights clean & working properly. Make sure you're not using your brights while driving through fog.
- Keep a pair of sunglasses in your vehicle, the glare from sunrises & sunsets can make it hard to concentrate on the road.
- Keep an eye out for pedestrians, kids, & bicyclists. With school back in session kids are walking to & from school or busses.
- Watch out for wildlife, especially deer! In November you're 3-5x more likely to hit a deer.
- Check your tires! Make sure your tires have the proper tire pressure & if they have enough tread.
- & as always, wear your seatbelt!